Your New Company
Hays Accountancy and Finance are exclusively recruiting on behalf of a Public Sector Organisation based in Belfast City Centre for the appointment of an interim Staff Officer Accountant.
Your New Role
The job duties will include but not be limited to:
- Assist in the Board's comprehensive responsibilities relating to the monitoring of finances, including all aspects of budgetary control and year? end submissions for inclusion in the Board's statutory Financial Statements.
- Provide high quality, reliable, accurate and timely financial information to the organisation, the Department of Justice and Board Committees.
- Assist with the Board's financial planning processes.
- Assist with the Board's governance and assurance procedures including risk registers, Stewardship statements and Internal Audit
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Board's procurement policy
- Ensure the principles of resource accounting and budgeting are embedded within the Board's financial and management systems and accounts.
- Develop and implement financial systems to support financial management and reporting processes.
- Assist the Finance & IT Manager to provide advice, guidance and direction on resource accounting, the management of budgets and in?year monitoring of expenditure.
- Establish and maintain close and effective working relationships with a range of organisations including local government, other government departments and agencies, audit functions etc.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Be a full, current member of a CCAB / CCAB Ireland recognised body;
- Two years' post qualified experience working in a busy finance department
- Experience of using Microsoft Excel to manipulate data and produce reports.
- Hold a full valid driving licence and have use of a car for official business, however, consideration will be given to reasonable adjustment in respect of disability to meet the travel requirements of the post.
What You Need to do Now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs