Your New Company
Hays Accountancy and Finance are recruiting for the appointment of a Staff Officer Accountant within the Northern Ireland Civil Service. The ideal candidate will be available to start on short notice and will be fully qualified. This role will last for a minimum of 9 months, but could be extended.
Your New Role
- Monthly review on the Forecast Outturn return (GEMs) and submit to Core.
- Monthly review on the Stewardship return and submit to Core.
- Process and submit monthly EC Sales/ Intastat return
- Process and submit monthly VAT return to include posting any VAT adjustment journals.
- Reconcile the Online VAT return to paper version
- Processing monthly Asset additions/ disposals etc
- Review and produce 9 month accounts
- Review and produce Annual Accounts
- Accruals/ Prepayments
- Monthly lead schedules
- Manage staff
- Communicate with directorates/ Auditors/ LPS
- Keep up to date with changes in IFRS / Accounting standards (Leases)
- 5 year asset valuation
- Assist in Budget bids - Capital/ Resource/ SDEL
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Qualified Accountant- ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CIPFA or equivalent formal accountancy qualification;
- A minimum of 2 years' experience post qualification in financial accounting
- Strong computing skills, particularly in the use of Microsoft Excel
What You'll Get in Return
A 34K+ salary plus a premium benefits package, inclusive of generous annual leave, and a foot in the door opportunity for a very desirable organisation.
Experience: 0 yrs