Your New Company
Hays Accountancy and Finance are exclusively recruiting for the appointment of a qualified accountant for the Northern Ireland Civil Service. The ideal candidate will be able to start ASAP and will be able to apply for Access NI clearance.
Your New Role
The post holder will contribute to a number of business critical activities within Finance Branch. These include:
- an instrumental role in the planning, preparation and associated audit of the statutory Trust Statement for NICTS in line with reporting deadlines;
- assist with the production of monthly management accounts;
- monitor the implementation of all outstanding internal and external audit recommendations;
- ensuring that the NICTS delegated limits are adhered to throughout the Agency to avoid irregular spend;
- reviewing all NICS and departmental guidance received via the Department and disseminating accordingly;
- ensuring that all required fraud guidance is adhered to and that all frauds are reported to the relevant authorities;
- completion of the Departmental quarterly governance returns and associated test drilling exercises;
- preparation of papers for the Audit and Risk Committee, Finance Committee and Agency Board; and
- oversight of Anti-Money Laundering reporting.
- liaising with PSNI, Fixed Penalty Office and Fine Collection Service to ensure all information required for the production of the annual Trust statement is available;
It is critical that these activities are completed on a timely basis to ensure that NICTS continues to meet departmental and statutory deadlines. In particular, the Trust Statement is a high priority for the Department.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Qualified Accountant- ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CIPFA or equivalent formal accountancy qualification
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar financial role
What You'll Get in Return
A 34K salary plus a premium benefits package, inclusive of generous annual leave.
What You Need To Do Now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs