Hays are excited to be recruiting on behalf of a prominent public sector organisation for a Payroll Officer. Initially this role will be for a 6-month period but will have the possibility of extension.
Your New Role
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Check, query, calculate and accurately input data to ensure that the payees on three payrolls are accurately paid.
- Respond promptly to email, telephone and face to face queries regarding pay related matters.
- Ensure filing, retention and disposal of material is compliant with all relevant statutes and policies.
- Liaise with third parties including HMRC and Midland HR.
- Provide Senior Management with accurate pay data promptly, often at short notice.
- Contribute to preparation and execution of annual and other Pay Awards to Secretariat staff and Members' support staff.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- A minimum of 5 GCSE's (A-C grades)
- The candidate must have at least 1 years' experience working in a computerised payroll environment.
What You Need to do Now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs