Staff Officer Accountant, Management Accountant - Public Sector
Your New Company
Hays Accountancy and Finance are delighted to be working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service for the official supply of SO and DP Accountants. If you are an accountant looking your next role or interim opportunity please apply directly below for salaries ranging from
Your new role
- Analysis of financial data;
- In-year budget management and monitoring, monthly budget profiling, variance analysis and reporting;
- Production of monthly and/or quarterly management accounting information;
- Preparation of departmental or agency Annual Reports and Accounts in accordance with HM Treasury and Department of Finance guidance incorporating GAAP/IFRS;
- Dealing with internal and external auditors including the Northern Ireland Audit Office;
- Development and review of financial IT systems;
- Providing advice and guidance on the use and interpretation of financial information, accounting requirements and best practice; * Drafting and implementation of financial policies, procedures and controls;
- Use of activity based costing and benchmarking techniques;
- Management of the financial processing function;
- Management of staff and other resources
What you'll need to succeed
Qualified Accountant- ACCA/CIMA/ACA / CIPFA
What you will get in return
Varied roles within the Northern Ireland Civil Service, competitive hourly rates, flexible working, working from home options - immediate starts.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Elaine McCullagh for more information.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs