Your New Company
Hays Accountancy and Finance are exclusively recruiting on behalf of a Public Sector Organisation based in Belfast City Centre for the appointment of a temporary Management Accountant. This contract will run for a minimum of 3 months and will offer a hybrid of working from home and working in office.
Your New Role
The job duties will include but not be limited to:
- Assisting with the production of monthly management and annual financial accounts;
- Assisting with the accounts consolidation process with DfE;
- Preparation of journals, monthly reconciliations and finance reports;
- Budget build and management on Sage 200;
- Assisting with timely monthly and adhoc returns to fulfil the requirements set down by DfE and other external agencies;
- Procurement duties including liaising with CPD (Construction and Procurement Delivery) and administration of tenders between £5k-30k on the eTendersNI portal;
- Reviewing and updating of corporate governance policies and internal processes;
- Review and assessment of business cases and investment appraisal;
- Preparation of Audit and Risk Assurance Committee papers including management of the corporate risk register;
- Assisting staff and external stakeholders with adhoc queries;
- Processing financial information on Sage 200 when required which includes processing of supplier invoices and bi-monthly payment runs;
- General office administrator tasks as required; and
- Any other duties as specified by line management.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Be a full, current member of a CCAB / CCAB Ireland recognised body;
- Two years' post qualified experience working in a busy finance department
- Experience of using Microsoft Excel to manipulate data and produce reports.
- Hold a full valid driving licence and have use of a car for official business, however, consideration will be given to reasonable adjustment in respect of disability to meet the travel requirements of the post.
What You Need to do Now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs