Management Accountant Job - £34,000 - £36,000 - Belfast City Centre - 14 month contract to cover a period of maternity leave
Your new company
Hays Accountancy and Finance are representing a global employer who are seeking to recruit a Management Accountant to work in their Belfast offices for a fixed term contract of 14 months. This role will be based in the heart of Belfast City Centre.
Your new role
- Responsible for internal reporting in an efficient manner which is accurate and timely, presenting relevant financial information to enable thorough understanding;
- Assist the Finance Manager appraise the work of the management accounting team, developing practical solutions to improve the service provided and release resource in order to undertake value added activities;
- Help ensure that accounting processes and internal controls follow best practice and are continually improved, planning & implementing changes as appropriate;
- Help develop stakeholder communications that are tailored to the audience, communicating complex issues clearly and credibly in particular with senior stakeholders;
- Assist the Finance Manager to ensure the team is continually developing their technical financial accounting knowledge and challenging the status quo in the way in which their work is produced;
- Support the Finance Manager in planning, managing and executing the annual financial audit process, ensuring that all information requested by external auditors is produced accurately and in a timely manner
- Support the Finance Manager in planning, managing and executing the annual budgetary process. Leading the Management Accounting team to ensure financial data is accurately captured in Cognos and 3E systems;
- Become a trusted advisor to Budget holders (typically operational teams), business managers (finance representatives in the fee earning groups) and key members of other Finance teams, having the ability to present technical information in a way that is easily understood by a non-specialist audience.
- Builds strong, trusting relationships with the customer (CFO's), provides constructive feedback to the client regarding issues and problems encountered while delivering the service;
- Anticipates the needs of the customer and is able to provide timely solutions, and opinions on complex matters.
- Prioritises work effectively, making realistic compromises when necessary in order to deliver.
- Builds network across finance and more widely, leading finance-wide initiatives.
What you'll need to succeed
- Ability to deliver high quality client service through the building of strong trusted advisor relationships with clients and senior management
- Good communicator, being able to deliver difficult messages sensitively, resolve conflict, influence and persuade others effectively and tailor conversations to non-financial orientated individuals/teams
- Member of recognised accounting body as a qualified accountant with post qualified experience minimum of 1 year, or suitably qualified by experience
What you'll get in return
The organisation are offering the successful candidate the rare opportunity to join a dynamic finance team, alongside an excellent salary.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs