Your New Company
Hays Accountancy and Finance are recruiting for the appointment of a Management Accountant for the Northern Ireland Civil Service. The ideal candidate will be able to start ASAP and will be happy to apply for Standard Access NI clearance.
Your New Role
The post is in relation to Future Year Budgets and Spending Reviews. The main activities of the post are supporting the DP Accountant with future budget exercises in the current climate of budget constraints and one year allocations including:
- Internal future year budget exercises including, inescapable pressures, easements and reductions exercises, options to manage inescapable pressures, capital allocation options and budget allocations to divisions.
- Co-ordinating input and providing information and guidance to budget holders for resource and capital requirements.
- Collating information from divisional returns and producing summary information.
- Future year budget reporting to Senior Management in the drafting of relevant papers
- Liaising with DoF on budget allocations and queries.
- Providing advice to business areas on financial control and accountability issues.
- Ad hoc requests/exercises.
In addition the post involves:
- Maintaining an up-to-date understanding of the Department and its complex nature and keeping abreast of budget issues.
- Maintaining an up-to-date understanding of current public expenditure, planning, monitoring, control and accountability issues and the use of the financial system to monitor and control public expenditure.
- Maintaining good working relationships with all stakeholder groups.
- Maintaining Gantt charts, internal procedures, control reports and systems in line with internal audit requirements.
What You'll Need to Succeed
Qualified Accountant- ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CIPFA or equivalent formal accountancy qualification
Previous experience working in a public sector budgeting role
Strong computing skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel
What You'll Get in Return
A competitive working rate plus a premium benefits package, inclusive of generous annual leave.
What You Need To Do Now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs