Financial Controller £60,000 12 Month contract Dunmurry
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To act as the Financial Controller adding commercial value and insight, providing financial input into operational strategy, and assisting with special projects and statutory and management reporting as required.
- Problem solving
- Continuous process improvement
- Prepare monthly management accounts and report on any variances from budget.
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts for senior manager review.
- Month-end closing responsibilities ensuring accurate financial results are reported on a timely basis.
- Ensure that revenues from all departments are recorded accurately and that actual monies received correlates to those reported. Investigate and report any discrepancies.
- Monitor Cost of Sales. - Assist in the creation and implementation of new control procedures.
- Monitor existing control procedures and report on effectiveness.
- Manage credit control function and ensure timely payment from debtors.
- Manage purchase ledger function and ensure timely reconciliations are complete and accurate.
- Manage forecasting and collection of supplier rebates.
- Preparation of annual financial statements and manage annual audit.
- Accounting activity including journal entries, account reconciliation, and financial analysis.
- Oversee monthly general ledger accounts, fixed assets, and bank reconciliations along with resolving open items.
- Intercompany accounting and reconciliation support.
- Customer service: provide timely responses to internal and external inquiries.
- Prepare government reports / census forms.
- Monthly and quarterly HMRC returns.
- From time to time, you will be required to undertake other responsibilities / activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities.
Required Education & Experience
- Chartered Accountant, with 5+ years of related professional experience within a similar environment.
- Experience in accounting and financial systems (Intact experience preferred but not essential).
- Experience of preparing UK statutory accounts.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite. Skills & Competencies
- Functional knowledge of general accounting processes.
- Strong understanding of FRS102 and ability to prepare UK statutory accounts.
- Understanding of internal control elements.
- Flexible to new ideas and ways of accomplishing tasks.
- Ability to use initiative. - Strong problem solving and resolution abilities.
- Clear and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills and attitude.
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust.
Must be a team player able to demonstrate strong customer focus with the energy, drive and commitment to successfully work through any and all issues and objectives related to this role and that of the overall team. All applicants must demonstrate how they meet the criteria for the position applied for. We reserve the right to enhance our selection criteria at the short-listing stage, if required.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs