Financial Controller- Providing accounting support within a rewarding environment
Your New Company
Hays Accountancy and Finance are recruiting exclusively on behalf of a non for profit organisation based in Bangor for the appointment of a permanent financial controller. An excellent package including
- £44,500 - £48,5000
- *36 - 39 days paid holiday per year FTE
- Pension Package
- Perks card
- Staff Care
- Sick Pay
- Training & Support
Your New Role
Duties will include but not be limited to:
* Support the Finance Director through ensuring the effective day to day operations of the Finance function.
* Work closely with services / departments in a support and advisory role, assisting managers to implement policies and procedures.
* Respond to queries from budget holders in a timely and accurate manner.
* Liaise closely with Operations, Fundraising and Marketing in order to develop budgets and forecasts for funding applications and business growth plans.
* Deliver finance related training to staff and evaluate the effectiveness of the delivery.
Finance Management and Controls
* Ensure the timely and accurate preparation and reporting of financial information, including budgets, cash flows and management accounts.
* Review and present financial information to Trustees, senior managers and other budget holders on a timely basis.
* Produce statutory accounts and liaise with external auditors.
* Provide oversight of the payroll service provided to staff working in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
* Ensure there is a robust process for internal auditing and co-ordinate internal auditing in all our services.
* Ensure returns to HMRC/Revenue Commissioners, funders and other bodies are done accurately and within the required timeframes.
* Ensure changes to bank accounts and authorities are done promptly.
* Ensure credit control and collections are operating effectively and areas of concern are dealt with promptly.
* Manage and develop the Finance team by implementing the performance management cycle, providing coaching, support and direction and conducting person centred supervision.
* Ensure that the staff within the Finance team are appropriately trained and qualified to perform their role to the standard required by the organisation.
* Ensure effective estates management to include the purchasing and/or leasing of capital and other assets.
* Comply with Risk Management policies, standards, processes, procedures and guidance as applicable to your role and across the finance function.
* Ensure that risk management processes are complied with and risks are clearly identified and action to mitigate taken.
* Lead and contribute to Finance and organisation projects
What You'll Need to Succeed
In order to be shortlisted for the position, you must show that you have:
1. A professional accounting qualification (eg chartered member of ICAI / CIMA / ACCA or other equivalent) for at least 3 years
2. Minimum of 5 years' accounting experience, to include either:
a. At least 3 years' experience working in a managerial role in the Finance Department of an organisation with a turnover of at least £1,000,000
b. At least 3 years' experience in the management of external financial audits from planning to supervision and review
3. Minimum of 3 years' experience of preparing financial reports
4. Demonstrate an advanced level of competence in using Microsoft Excel
5. Ability to travel independently. Positive Futures defines this as being a car driver and holder of a clean driving licence or having access to a form of transport which will permit the applicant to meet the demands of the post
6. Experience of managing staff
What You'll Get in Return
A competitive salary plus a premium benefits package, flexible working and a rewarding role.
What You Need To Do Now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs