Finance Officer, Public Sector, Accounts Assistant
Finance Officer - Working for a wonderful charity while working from home.
Your new company
Hays's accountancy and finance are in partnership with a large public sector body based in premier office in the heart of Belfast for the appointment of a Finance Officer. Our client promotes good values and help to the community; through their courageous work they carry out day to day. You will be a part of a supportive, trustworthy and experienced team reporting to Management Accountant.
Your new role
Join an established team
* Preparation and posting of journals
* Production of monthly management accounts across multiple P&Ls
* Variance analysis and narrative re above P&Ls
* Balance sheet reconciliations
* Posting bank transactions
* Purchase ledger supervision
* Supplier payment run preparation
* Regular bank reconciliations
* Ensure all deadlines are met both internally and externally
* Ensure data integrity and accuracy in all financial reporting
* Ad hoc reports and duties as and when required.
What you'll need to succeed
A minimum of 2 years' previous experience within a sales ledger environment.
Previous experience of working with accounting software.
Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
Experience of working to deadlines within a fast paced finance department.
Maths GCSE or equivalent Grade C or above Finance Qualification Part Qualified Experience of using Navision system.
What you'll get in return
*An immediate start with a growing and recognised public sector body, working from home with a day in the office.
*This is a full-time temporary position for a period of 6 months with the chance to stay on.
*A competitive salary of £20,000-£21,000.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs