Hays are excited to be recruiting on behalf of a local charity for a Part Time Finance Officer on a temp to perm basis. Initially this role with include a maternity cover however, ideally will stay on permanently after. With flexible working, 24 hours working week, parking on site and generous pay and holiday package, this is a great opportunity not to be missed.
Your New Role
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Establish, maintain, and reconcile the general ledger
- Prepare and reconcile bank statements.
- Prepare cheques/bacs payments for Head of Resources and approval for all accounts due.
- Process credit card transactions
- Provide data entry and processing support for finance activities / transactions onto the accounting system to ensure records are up-to-date and accurate
- Prepare and submit claims to funders in line with deadline requirements and correspond with funders addressing any queries as they arise.
- Assist the team with preparing and monitoring their annual budgets, if allocation, ensuring any revisions are implemented
- Undertake ad-hoc duties which may arise from time to time
What You'll Need to Succeed
- A minimum of 5 GCSE's (A-C grades)
- Two years' experience working in a finance department, ideally within charities/not for profits/public sector
- Ideally will have experience using Sage50 Accounts
What You Need to do Now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs