Finance Assistant, Assistant Accountant, Management Accounts Assistant, Exciting Company, Work from Home
Your new company
Hays are proud partners of this leading commercial business and are seeking applications from candidates early in their finance career, seeking to rapidly develop and expand existing Accounting experience in a fast paced, continuous improvement environment.
Your new role
This role is a key position within the Drinks Finance function responsible for supporting the timely and accurate production of the monthly Management Accounts. The successful candidate will assist in the maintenance of all aspects of the source AR, AP and Bank Ledgers and any associated tasks.
The duties for this role may include:
- Posting of AR, AP and bank transactions onto ledger, including raising customer sales invoices, posting supplier invoices and preparing payment runs;
- Raising of third party and intercompany purchase orders;
- Matching of purchase orders to supplier invoices, including dealing with queries on quantity/price differences;
- Ensuring payment terms are managed, for both suppliers and customers and escalating exceptions where necessary;
- Supporting the wider team in the preparation of weekly/monthly balance sheet reconciliations, including debtors, creditors, accruals, prepayments, highlighting overdue/queried balances;
- Supporting the Accountant and Assistant Accountant in monitoring costs vs budget, and investigating reasons for variances;
- Running reports of raw data and preparing data into journal format including posting to GL;
- Support management in a variety of information requirements;
- Liaise with the other divisional finance teams as appropriate; and
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
What you'll need to succeed
This is a significant opportunity for an individual to develop their current experience within a dynamic and expanding business.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following qualifications and key competencies/skills:
- Qualified at a minimum level to one of the following;
- Degree qualified to at least 2:1 Honours level in finance, business, accounting, or other analytical degree; or
- At least 2 years recent experience in a relevant finance environment
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Process and Systems awareness
- Professional values
- Cross functional perspective
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs