Your new company
The services of Hays have been retained by our client based in Belfast to recruit a Finance Assistant on a temporary contract basis for an initial period of 2-3 months.
Your new role
The role of Finance Assistant in the department may be aligned with one or more ledgers. Typical duties may include:
- Processing purchase requisitions. Raising purchase orders on Sage and issuing these to suppliers.
- Registering Purchase Ledger invoices and matching them to Goods Received notes, ensuring accurate pricing.
- Liaising with other departments and suppliers regarding invoice discrepancies.
- Processing stock movements and generating store re-order reports. Assisting in periodic stock takes.
- Reconciliation of statements.
- Prepare ledger reconciliations.
- Daily banking procedures. Processing daily bank lodgements in a timely manner and ensuring all relevant paperwork is passed on to the relevant person.
- Maintaining excel spreadsheets accurately for reporting purposes.
What you'll need to succeed
* 1 years' relevant experience within an office environment
* Experience of working with accounting packages.
* Experience with account procedures, aged debt ledgers, reconciliation etc.
* Experience of working with Sage.
* Experience in dealing with corporate entities, commercial businesses and consumers
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a leading employer based in Belfast on a temporary contract basis for 2-3 months with the possibility for further extension. You will be placed in to a well established team and given the necessary support and training to allow you to fulfil the duties of the role. The role will be based in the office which is fully compliant with government Covid guidance. The annual salary for the position is £17,400 per annum which will be paid weekly via Hays for the duration of the contract.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs