Your new company
The services of Hays have been retained by our client, based in the Greater Belfast area to recruit an Assistant Accountant on a temporary contract basis for an initial period of 15 months.
Your new role
Working within the existing finance team you will be responsible for a range of duties to include:
* Assist in the preparation and reporting of monthly management accounts.
* Posting of AR, AP and bank transactions onto ledger, including raising customer sales invoices, posting supplier invoices and preparing payment runs.
* Raising of third party and intercompany purchase orders & recharges.
* Lead in the preparation and reporting of certain aspects of operating expenditure against budget; including analysing expenditure, calculating appropriate accruals/prepayments
* Preparation of weekly/monthly balance sheet reconciliations, including debtors, creditors, accruals, prepayments, highlighting overdue/queried balances.
What you'll need to succeed
This is a significant opportunity for an individual to develop their current experience within a dynamic and expanding division. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following qualifications and key skills/competencies:
Qualified at a minimum level to one of the following.
- IATI qualified and with at least one year's finance experience in a relevant finance environment; or
- Degree qualified in finance, business, accounting, or other analytical degree and have commenced their qualifications for ACCA (Skills Level) or CIMA (Operational Level) and with at least one year's finance experience in a relevant finance environment; or
- At least three years finance experience working in a relevant finance environment.
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading employer in the Greater Belfast area on a long-term temporary contract basis to cover a period of 15 months. You will be paid a highly competitive salary ranging between £25,000 - £28,000 per annum depending on experience. The role will initially commence on a remote working basis with a view to moving to a hybrid working model in the coming weeks.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs