Your new company
Hays are delighted to be working in partnership with one of the leading employers in the Greater Belfast area to recruit an Assistant Accountant to join their established team.
Your new role
- Assist in the preparation and reporting of monthly management accounts;
- Report on sales and profitability with supporting analysis;
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of promotional spend;
- Lead in the preparation and reporting of production and/or general overhead expenditure against budget variances including applicable explanatory commentary and presentation to FCs & budget holders;
- Support the Accountant and FC on annual budget preparation and statutory audit, including dealing with queries/preparing reports;
- Support management in a variety of information requirements;
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified at a minimum level to one of the following;
- IATI qualified and with at least 3 year's finance experience in a relevant finance environment; or
- Degree qualified to at least 2:2 Honours level in finance, business, accounting, or other analytical degree and have commenced their qualifications for ACCA (Skills Level) or CIMA (Operational Level) and with at least one year's finance experience in a relevant finance environment; or
- At least 5 years finance experience working in a relevant finance environment.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with ability to present to both finance and non-finance management
- Planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Process and Systems awareness
What you'll get in return
This is a significant opportunity for an individual to develop their current experience within a dynamic and expanding division. You will be offered a highly competitive salary between £25,000 - £28,000 per annum depending on experience. This role will allow for hybrid working, working from their modern offices with onsite parking 3 days per week and from home the remaining 2.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs