Your New Company
Hays Accountancy and Finance are recruiting for the appointment of an interim Assistant Accountant/Bursar for a Belfast based school. The ideal candidate will be able to work in a varied environment and be able to communicate financial information to non-finance colleagues.
Your New Role
Main duties will be to assist the Bursar with the following:
- General Journals
- Bank Reconciliations
- Collection of all monies due to the School
- Pursuance of outstanding debts
- Oversee and pro-actively manage the collection of all monies due to the School and pursue outstanding debts
- Provide cover for general administration duties including response to telephone and personal enquiries during times of holiday.
- Assist with the management of the Bursar's finance related appointments and telephone calls
- Administration of the use of premises including drafting of contract documents.
- Other duties as may be reasonably requested throughout the year.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Either part of fully qualified with a recognized accountancy qualification e.g CIPFA, ACCA, CIMA etc
- A minimum of 2 years' experience post qualification in a financial environment (ideally within the public sector)
- Able to apply for an enhanced Access NI check
What You Need to do Now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Rachel at (028) 9044 6911.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs