Your new company
We are currently working on behalf of a leading employer based in Belfast to recruit an AP Manager on a 12 month fixed term contract.
Your new role
This role will be responsible for 2 direct reports leading a collective team of approx. 16 people delivering an accounts payable and expense service with the main duties including:
- Provide leadership and direction to the Accounts Payable and Expenses team
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of payments to suppliers and expense payments to staff
- Continual assessment of the work within areas of responsibility, developing practical solutions to improve the service provided
- Recruit, develop, retain and manage staff, delegating tasks appropriately to team leaders to deliver a timely, high quality service to customers and to assist in the personal development of the team
- Ensure the effective allocation of work, undertaking ad hoc review to ensure a high-quality service and being the point of escalation for the client
- Empower direct reports in areas of responsibility to team lead across service delivery, performance and talent management
- Set challenging team goals and objectives into individual objectives and holds 1-1 meetings to discuss progress, identifying areas for development. Suggesting specific learning to address development areas, and monitoring progress
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be considered you should possess 3 years' experience of managing an AP/ AR / Expense function along with a good standard of Education, desirable up to degree standard. Demonstrated track record of successful interaction with senior leaders along with experience of managing and enforcing KPIs, SLAs and other performance metrics as well as experience of being able to pull back within SLA when required. You should have the ability to manage strategically and act operationally during period of stability and change along with demonstrable experience of analysing problems and proposing solutions.
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of Belfast's leading employers on an initial contract for a minimum of 12 months. Based from their modern offices in Belfast the role will allow for hybrid working to include 3 days in the office and 2 days working remotely. You will be paid a highly competitive salary of £45,000 per annum with a range of benefits included in addition.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs