Your new company
Hays are working on behalf of a client based in the Greater Belfast area to recruit an Accounts Payable Specialist on a temporary contract basis for an initial period of 6 months
Your new role
Working within the existing team, the role will involve responsibility for processing a high volume of invoices per week with the main duties to include:
* Receipting and processing of invoices for both 3rd party and suppliers
* Managing and resolving supplier invoice queries and disputes
* Monitoring and reconciling supplier account balances to ensure on-time payment
* Identifying, creating and posting journal entries on month end accruals
* Completing month end sub-ledger reconciliations
* Processing and reimbursing staff travel and expense submissions
* Updating and maintaining supplier masterdata records
* Preparing and posting relevant journal entries and reconciling control accounts
* Responding to internal questions from business functions with respect to supplier queries
* Consistently meeting and exceeding relevant process KPI's including but not limited to, accuracy and timeliness of supplier & employee reimbursements, accuracy and quality of master data
What you'll need to succeed
Previous experience in an Accounts Payable role is essential with a proven track record of handling a high volume of invoices. You will possess good numerical reasoning along with strong written and oral communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively and build professional relationships with colleagues and suppliers. Previous experience inter-company experience of dealing with multiple entities and currencies would be highly beneficial.
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing business working within a fast paced industry. The role will initially commence on a long term temporary contract basis, with opportunities for permanent employment for outstanding performers. The role allows flexibility, with the ability to work from the offices several days per week along with the option of working remotely.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs