Accounting Technician role in Belfast
Your new company
My client are a very well respected and successful firm based in a very affluent part of Belfast City centre.
Your new role
Working closely with the Partner you will enjoy a very autonomous and client facing position whilst working in a welcoming and supportive firm environment
Core elements of the role:
- Maintain clients bookkeeping using accounting software, mainly Xero. This would include inputting invoices and bank transactions and completion of bank reconciliations.
- Assistance with the setup of new clients on Xero software, training client staff members and addressing queries on an ad-hoc basis
- Assistance with the preparation of annual accounts for companies, sole traders and partnerships.
- Assistance with the preparation of personal and corporate tax computations and tax returns.
- Preparation of VAT returns for clients using accounting software to comply with MTD requirements.
What you'll need to succeed
This role is perfectly suited to a Qualified Accounting Technician or a Bookkeeper with suitable experience.
Ideally you will have the following:
- Previous experience in an accountancy practice
- Experience using Xero
- Preparation of accounts and financial statements
- Knowledge of VAT Return preparation
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent client facing skills
What you'll get in return
My client are offering a salary above market rate in order to attract the best candidates in the market along with useful benefits such as flexible working. Most importantly you will really enhance your career in a client facing role and if desired you will receive the support and encouragement to become a Qualified Accountant. Work-life balance is in the forefront of my clients mind and therefore you will experience friendly working hours which will not encroach on your family / social life.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs