Your New Company
Hays Accountancy and Finance are recruiting for the appointment of a Staff Officer Accountant for a prominent public sector organisation. The ideal candidate will be able to start ASAP and will be able to apply for Access NI clearance.
Your New Role
While the precise duties and responsibilities of individual posts will vary, posts may involve varying degrees of the following activities:
- Liaising with relevant divisional staff to capture profiled forecasting information in an accurate and timely manner.
- Preparation of the monthly accounts workings files, capturing actual spend to date and forecast for the rest of the financial year.
- Completion of monthly reconciliations to ensure accurate recording and reporting of information.
- Analysis of variances between forecast outturn and budget.
- Preparation and submission of monthly finance returns (forecasting, accruals and cash management returns).
- Liaising with divisional budget holders to determine budget requirements for the in-year Monitoring Rounds.
- Completion of Monitoring Round forms.
- Assist in the development of funding bids and relevant documentation to support such bids.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Qualified Accountant- ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CIPFA or equivalent formal accountancy qualification
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar financial role
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages, namely Microsoft Excel
What You'll Get in Return
A 34K+ salary plus a premium benefits package, inclusive of generous annual leave, flexible working and equipment provided to work from home.
What You Need To Do Now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs