Your New Company
Hays Accountancy and Finance are exclusively recruiting on behalf of a reputable not for profit organisation, based in Belfast City Centre for the appointment of a temporary Accountant. This role will last for approximately 3 months, making this the perfect opportunity for someone needing an interim role while they search for their next permanent career move.
Your New Role
The job duties will include but not be limited to:
- Ensure the appropriate financial procedures, controls and structures are in place for the safe, effective, efficient and economic management of public funds.
- Month end closure to include assistance in production of the monthly management accounts.
- Compilation of the annual audit files and assistance in drafting of the annual financial statements.
- Ensure data integrity and conduct reconciliations of all balance sheet and profit and loss accounts.
- Manage the centralised procurement function and provide advice, direction and guidance on the key principles of public sector procurement to all staff, ensuring value for money is embedded within the organisation.
- Input to the annual budgeting process, liaising with budget holders to report on actual, forecast and budget expenditure.
- Manage the timely distribution of payments to individuals, funded groups and corporate suppliers in line with policies and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining and reviewing all contracts used, communicating with CPD and external suppliers to ensure goods and services are obtained in line with relevant legislation and NI Public Procurement Policy.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Be a full, current member of a CCAB / CCAB Ireland recognised body;
- Two years' post qualified experience working in a busy finance department
- Experience of using Microsoft Excel to manipulate data and produce reports.
What You Need to do Now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs