Acting on behalf of our client, Grafton Recruitment have a new opportunity for an experienced Sales Ledger Clerk to join a large technology firm, and assist in the day to day running of the sales ledger.
This is a a maternity contract, for a period of 9-12 months.
Sitting within the Accounts department, reporting directly to the Finance Manager, this role will be responsible for:
- Allocate on Sage 50 all Sterling and Euro BACS/cheque/Paypal payments received from debtors on a daily basis and to ensure that daily checks are carried out to ensure lodgements agree.
- Lodge any cheque payments on an ad hoc basis.
- Ensure accurate, efficient and timely processing of monthly billing runs.
- To process credit requests and refunds as and when required.
- Proactively use verbal and written methods to recover overdue amounts owed by debtors who have gone beyond agreed credit terms and if necessary place these accounts on stop.
- Liaise with relevant in-house staff in relation to overdue amounts owed by debtors who have advised of non - payment due to issues.
- Prepare accurate information for debtor meetings with the Finance Manager to ensure problem accounts are highlighted and that any issues are brought to light.
- To prepare and process the monthly customer DD run and follow up on any returned DD's.
- Review debtors listing on a regular basis to ensure there is no unallocated cash or that any unallocated cash can be explained.
- To print daily bank reports for the Finance Manager.
- To prepare internal bank transfers/misc payments as and when required.
Suitable candidates will have:
- 2 years recent experience within an Accounts/Finance function, specifically running a sales ledger
- Experience of SAGE 50
- Good numeracy skills (GCSE Maths at least Grade C)
- Excellent computer literacy to include Microsoft Office and Excel
This is a great opportunity to join a vibrant and welcoming team. The salary on offer for this role will be between £17,000 and £18,500
Interested candidates should submit their CV via the link below. Alternatively, please call Tracey Murphy on 02890 895824 for further information.
Experience: 0 yrs