Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Procurement Manager to start ASAP for a duration of 3 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £12.00 per hour
13+ week's £19.37 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT4
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
The post-holder will also lead on the project management of a range of capital projects with an individual value of up to £1m.
- Be a full Corporate member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS), or equivalent*
Have experience of planning and awarding value for money contracts for goods and/or services with a combined annual value of £1 million;
- Have a knowledge of current public procurement legislation and policy as it applies to supplies and services procurement;
- Have experience in leading and managing staff to meet business objectives.
Capital project management and public procurement experience.
- Manage the procurement of up UV capital projects through effective direction and advice to delivery partners that ensures compliance with NI Public Procurement Policy and achieves delivery within programme timescales
- Development of annual procurement plans and agreement of same with CPD Client Adviser (Grade 7) to reflect the appropriate procurement thresholds and scale of projects ranging from individual project value from £100k to £5m
- Advise delivery partners on the preparation of procurement documentation for for the appointment of Integrated Consultancy Teams and Integrated Supply Teams ranging in individual project value from £100k to £5m
- Apply the principles of Achieving Excellence in Construction across all UV capital procurements with an individual value in excess of £1m - Risk Potential Assessments, BREEAM, design quality reviews etc
- Development of procurement solutions and procurement timelines that maximise parallel working and achieve timely delivery of projects within UV programme timescales and year-end spend deadlines
- Provide advice and recommendations to delivery partners on complex procurement issues arising with the procurement of individual projects
- Expedite the procurement process for the appointment of Integrated Consultancy Teams in advance of business case approval for projects over £1m to ensure compliance with UV programme timescales
MANAGEMENT OF CAPITAL PROJECTS - management of Urban Village Capital Projects to ensure efficient and effective delivery within programme timescales
- Provide capital project management advice to delivery partners across a range of capital projects that include public realm schemes, parks, community capital projects and other regeneration projects.
- Chair the Area Based Meetings Pre-Brief with Local Coordinators (DPs) and Local Support Officers (EOIIs) to identify risks and issues. Make recommendations to the Area Based Meetings (chaired by Grade 7) on updated risk status and make recommendations to mitigate risks and resolve issues
- Make recommendations to Area Based Meetings on approval of projects between boundaries based on the Gateway Review Process approach
- Act as the decision maker with regard to the project budgets on UV capital projects (post letter of offer) for projects with an individual value of up to £1m including the following;
- Act as the department's lead officer at Project Boards and Project Steering Groups
- Act as the department's decision maker on Compensation Events raised by Design Team/Contractors to ensure eligibility with Letters of Offer in line with the UV Change Control Policy
- Sign off on grant payments to verify eligibility with offer letters and completeness of expenditure
For Full job description, please submit your interest.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland
Experience: 0 yrs