Part Time Finance Support Associate, 3 months fixed term contract, Belfast, up to £30k pro rata depending on experience.
Our client is a boutique firm of compliance consultants who specialise in the financial services sector, specifically in payments, e-money, crypto, challenger banks and investment firms.
Established in 2011, Our client has experience assisting firms adhere to the regulatory requirements in the UK, Ireland and multiple European jurisdictions.
Due to an increased work load they wish to recruit a Finance Support Associate who will be involved in a wide scope of activities and the day-to-day business operations. This role involves interaction with staff at all levels within the company. The Finance Support Associate will need to demonstrate versatility, a pro-active approach to work and strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
Key tasks and challenges
a) Bookkeeping and Processing
- Sales Ledger: invoicing and dealing with queries, reconciliation to Coretime Time & Expense Recording system
- Credit Control
- Purchase Ledger: maintaining purchase ledger, ensuring all purchase invoices recorded, properly approved and queries dealt with
- Set up new clients and suppliers on core systems
- Quarterly VAT Return
b) Month-end close
- Sales and purchase ledgers closed off
- Monthly credit card and staff expense card statements reconciled and posted
- Monthly prepayment and accrual calculations
- Payroll journal posting
c) Client Project Management (Coretime Time and Expenses Recording System)
- Coretime – weekly staff utilisation report generation and distribution
- Opening new client projects
- Recording rechargeable expenses to client projects
- Opening new clients’ folders on SharePoint and archiving where required
d) Year-end Financial Accounts
- Preparation of working papers for external Accountants review
e) Staff Expense Management / Credit Cards
- Day-to-day management of company credit and debit cards including card issue / cancellation, setting up payments, matching invoices, reconciliation of statements, expense follow-up
f) Finance Procedures
- Ensure Finance procedures followed and proper control / approvals applied
g) Other Duties
- Maintain Finance Sharepoint Folders
- Assistance in building out Finance Procedures Documentation
- Assistance on ad hoc project work
The successful applicant ideally will meet the following criteria;
- A technically strong, Accounting Technician or part qualified Accountant with minimum 3 years’ experience in a commercial environment.
- Experience in a professional services business and of time and expense recording
- Excellent communications skills both within Finance & the wider business. The individual will need to build relationships with stakeholders within the business to produce key deliverables.
- Excellent Excel skills – VLOOKUP, PIVOT, general ability to distil and analyse high volumes of information in a clear & insightful way.
For more details please contact Orla Milligan at Energis Recruitment on the number above or email your cv to in complete confidence.
By applying for this role you are consenting to Energis Recruitment holding your details for a period of 12 months to be considered for other roles. As a candidate you have the right to consent or object to this.