Financial Reporting Analyst
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever-changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
Allstate Investments manages approximately $100 Billion of assets. Our goal is to provide sustainable, competitive, risk-adjusted investment returns and investment related services for the benefit of The Allstate Corporation. Investment performance for our portfolios has consistently provided excess returns for our customers, and we attribute that success in large part to the quality of our people. The size of the investment group exceeds 300 individuals across a variety of investment disciplines including, fixed income, equities, private securities, commercial mortgages and derivative asset classes, as well as, finance and technology. We recognize that our employees are our ultimate advantage and we seek to attract and retain highly qualified individuals with strong academic backgrounds, a deep interest in investments and a desire to be challenged.
The Finance Department within Allstate Investments is a strong team and an innovative, energetic organization.
Investment Finance Reporting Analyst – The Settlements, Cash Collection, and Collateral (SCCC) Asset Maintenance team is responsible for accurate Aladdin Trade Entry, Trade Enrichment, and Settlements. The team is accountable for the accurate recording of all trades and corporate actions into Aladdin and is also responsible for making sure that all trades interface properly into the Eagle Data Hub and Maximis, the primary accounting system. The SCCC Asset Maintenance team is also responsible for making sure that all trades are properly linked between all systems and making sure that trade settlements with brokers and external clearing partners, such as OMGEO, are completed accurately on a daily basis.
Responsibilities include (but aren't limited to):
- Accurate and on time processing of complex, high value Derivative trades
- Work independently with external brokers, exchanges, and counterparties to settle complex trade transactions
- Act as team lead to non-exempt processors providing guidance and advice on resolving routine to moderately complex issues
- Monitor Aladdin Trade Dashboard to ensure public, non-public, and Derivative trades are flowing properly through the Aladdin system and analyze and resolve moderately complex issues as needed
- Monitor Derivative Security and Trade Entry to ensure that trades are flowing correctly through Aladdin, the Eagle Data Hub, and Maximis, analyzing and resolving moderately complex exceptions as needed
- Monitor Maximis Hold Tables to ensure Maximis processing is accurate and complete
- Serve as first point of escalation and resolve moderately complex exceptions, escalating complex issues promptly to ensure expedient resolution occurs
- Work with Brokers and Custodians to resolve settlement defects.
- Provide other internal customers, like balancing, research, or compliance teams with moderately complex production reports as assigned.
- Reporting and analyzing
- Participate in projects related to the Processing Team.
- Participate in team projects, assignments and team responsibilities such as continual process improvement for routine to moderately complex, strengthening of controls, peer analysis and team education sessions.
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Provide status to Supervisor
- Ability to work with all areas of Operations and Finance to resolve out of balances and research issues
- Participate in cross-team knowledge and awareness
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment. EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.
- A degree in Finance, Economics, Accountancy, or similar discipline, or
- A non-finance degree supported by a post-graduate qualification in finance or accountancy, or
- At least 1 years’ experience in a Finance/Accountancy role
- Applicants must be willing and eligible to travel to the USA and
- Having a logical and analytical approach
- Good problem-solving skills with an attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate well, build relationships and work as part of a remote team
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and the ability to analyze, manipulate, and interpret large amounts of data
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Access, Outlook, Word, SAP or other general ledger applications and database querying tools
For more information and to apply, CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON.
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.