Who we are working with:
On behalf of our client, Abacus Careers would like to hear from an experienced VAT Specialist you will be working with a successful and well-renowned company based in Belfast
In your new role:
- An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our VAT and indirect tax team as an Executive. The successful individual will seek solutions to technical issues and demonstrate sufficient technical knowledge to supervise relevant work areas and know when to seek advice from senior colleagues.
- Actively involved in client meetings, concisely and confidently answering client queries;
- Assisting colleagues through sharing knowledge; and
- Ensuring compliance with internal procedures including the completion of client take-on and keeping the vat manager and vat director informed of progress;
- Participating in business development opportunities and working with senior colleagues to promote the firm's tax expertise and other services to clients and target clients both internally and externally.
- Producing high-quality accurate tax advice, delivering to expectations, responding quickly to client demands and meeting deadlines;
- Reviewing vat returns in conjunction with agreed timescales to ensure the efficient and risk managed delivery of compliance;
- Seeking solutions to technical issues and demonstrating a willingness to understand and recognise the breadth of possible technical issues;
- Supervising tax trainees and associates in preparing vat returns and providing tax advice, and demonstrating sufficient vat technical knowledge to do so;
Skills and attributes:
- ATT/ACA/ACCA or CTA qualified;
- minimum of 4 years' experience working in tax;
- strong technical VAT knowledge;
- worked with a diverse portfolio of clients;
- pro-active and capable of working on your own initiative;
- related specialism experience; and
- strong interpersonal skills are essential.
44 (0)28 90313157
If you would be interested in this position please apply, for other jobs in Belfast please visit the Abacus Professional Recruitment website.
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years' experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI's most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Experience: 0 yrs