Senior Pension Administrator
A great opportunity for ambitious and experienced Pensions administrators who are keen to progress in their professional career.
Salary and Benefits:
Attractive Salary (depending on experience) with a competitive package including pension scheme and flexible benefits.
Monday - Friday 9-5pm
Abacus Careers are pleased to be recruiting for a Senior Pensions Administrator on behalf of a leading Financial Services firm in their Belfast office. Our client is one of the most ambitious providers on the Northern Ireland market and have a track record of investing in keen professionals with a goal of advancing their career within the industry. This role will likely appeal to those with a minimum 3 years' experience in a pensions role.
What you will do:
- Providing effective support to management including acting as an interim team lea
- d and managing the day-to-day activities of junior staff.
- Client relationship management; acting as first point of contact for members and providing technically accurate responses via telephone, email and letter.
- Handling complex queries and performing complex manual benefit calculations to provide compliant and consultative advice.
- Monitoring and delegating work-related tasks particularly from junior members of staff, including calculations, correspondence and reports.
- Assisting in the informal training and mentoring of junior staff including reviews and also the recruitment process if required.
- Communicate and liaise internally and externally to facilitate excellent working relationships
- Recognise and escalate potential problems.
- Previous pensions experience ideally 3-5 years
- Educated to a degree level (preferably maths/economics/finance) and have a strong mathematical background.
- Competent computer usage, especially Microsoft Excel
You will be customer and quality focused whilst being able to work well under pressure and effectively maintain accuracy in all that you do - especially in the processing of information. You should possess good time-management skills and demonstrate the ability to be flexible and prioritise your workload daily. This will require you to use your own initiative while also working as part of a wider team to consistently provide a first-class service to key clients.
Desirable: Previous experience of pension schemes particular DB & DC.
Please contact Mairead Shannon at Abacus Careers on (028) 90 313157 for a further chat or email your CV to Mairead@abacus.careers
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI's only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.
Experience: 0 yrs