Pensions Manager - Belfast
Temporary to Permanent opportunity!
Abacus Careers are pleased to be recruiting for a Pensions Manager on behalf of a huge corporate organisation based in their Belfast office. This will be a unique opportunity for the right candidate, looking to take the next step in their career in pensions and will require candidates with extensive experience in Pensions at a mid-senior or management level.
Competitive (dependant on experience) alongside a salary package including pension, generous holiday entitlement and onsite parking.
Key elements of the role
The post holder will be responsible for all aspects of pension provision within the organisation, ensuring a high-quality pension service is delivered in accordance with legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the in-house management of Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution schemes including governance, administration and communication.
- Provide accurate and timely support to trustee members including preparing packs and carrying out agreed actions.
- Ensure robust governance of the schemes including compliance with legislation and regulation.
- Act as first point of contact and information for pension members.
- Manage relationships with both internal and external stakeholders as well as third party administrators.
- Develop a close working relationship with Finance to ensure deliverance of scheme valuations, including annual reports and the annual audit.
Maintaining relationships will be a key output of this role as working productively with the team and third parties will ensure an alignment to the quality experience our client strives to achieve. The successful candidate will be pro-active with ownership across all areas, including management of the daily workload for a pensions team.
Qualifications/ Experience required
- Pensions Management Institute qualifications
Minimum of 4 years' experience in:
- Managing a pension function team including either defined benefit or defined contribution schemes
- Providing a pension service to a range of clients/ stakeholders, including providing advice or assistance;
- Providing support to pension trustee or a senior group and have had responsibility for administering a pension scheme;
- Analysing pensions information and producing detailed reports for senior management.
(0)28 90995218 Mairead@abacus.careers
If you would be interested in this position, please apply by submitting your application or give me a call for a confidential career discussion or to explore other jobs in Belfast and Northern Ireland.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI's only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.
Experience: 0 yrs