Payroll Operations Manager-Belfast City Centre
Who are we working with?
Abacus Careers are currently working alongside a highly successful Global Company based in Belfast City Centre, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Payroll Operations Manager, the ideal candidate will have experience working on several payrolls for different companies in a shared services environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Managing a team of 6
- Advising on technical matter such as Termination payments, pay rolling of benefits, statutory payments, Stock transactions, Apprenticeship Levy
- Approving BACS files for the payment of employees
- Attending client meetings
- Counselling of staff including annual and mid year reviews
- Dealing with client and employee queries in relation to payroll operations and ensuring that escalation procedures are in place.
- Dealing with the global team to coordinate payroll offerings and proposals
- Developing additional services for payroll clients
- Developing and advising on bespoke financial reports such as general ledger reports
- Ensuring Full Payment Submissions and Employer Payment Summaries are made to HMRC on a timely basis
- Ensuring team compliance with the firms cash handling requirements
- Ensuring that the payrolls are processed each pay period in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensuring that the team are achieving targets for internal finance purposes
- HMRC audit assistance
- Managing team workloads and allocations
- Preparing fee and budget details.
- Preparing payroll proposals from document preparation to delivery including attendance at oral presentations
- Transition of new payroll clients and project plans
- Understanding and advising team of how the technical payroll aspects relate to the payroll software in operation
- Understanding and complying with of Quality and Risk requirements for professional service firms
- Undertaking in depth reviews of the work carried out by the assistant payroll advisors and payroll advisors prior to client delivery
Qualifications & Training and Experience
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience of managing a team
- Experience of multiple and large client payroll processing
- Familiar with payroll software
- Good IT skills including experience of working with excel documents
- Good understanding of payroll compliance including AE, RTI, Apprenticeship Levy
- Good workload management skills and an ability to work to deadlines
- Payroll project experience
- Payroll qualifications - (CIPP)
Contact :Leon McHugh 44 (0)28 90995218 or email your CV to Leon@abacus.careers
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI's only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.
Experience: 0 yrs