Who are we working with?
Abacus Careers are currently working alongside a highly established firm, who is a market leader within their industry, with a significant finance function here in the greater Belfast area. Our client is looking to bring on a Management Accountant to join their specialist finance team. This role is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced finance professional to take their career to the next level, through the guidance and training this international entity has in place.
Salary: Attractive Depending on Experience
- Bonus scheme
- Health Insurance
Duties and Responsibilities:
Monthly preparation of management accounts (companies to be assigned):
- Post payroll journals
- Post reclass and intercompany journals
- Investigate Suspense account and ensure the balance is zero
- Analyse nominal accounts and reclass mis-postings and post journal
- Update Fixed assets schedule and prepare and post depreciation journal
- Update Accruals schedule and post journal
- Update Prepayments schedule and post journal
- Update Management accounts template and prepares commentary for the accounts
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts including:
- Fixed Assets
- Intercompany accounts
- Trade Debtors
- Other Debtors
- Trade Creditors
- Other Creditors
- VAT accounts
- Payroll accounts
- Update statutory accounts templates
- Submit management accounts to the CFO for review
- Assist with the year-end audit and liaise with external Accountants and Auditors
- Prepare year-end accounts and reconciliations (companies to be assigned)
- Deal with Audit requests
- Assist with preparing department budgets and forecasts
Controls and processes
- Assist with developing the processes and systems within the department to help improve controls, reduce risk and improve efficiencies
Other duties/projects as the business require
What do we look for?
- Part Qualified Accountant, Qualified by Experience
- Must have excellent EXCEL experience
- Experience of budgeting, planning, forecasting, budgeting, and management reporting
- Target driven, with experience of meeting KPI's
- Competent Microsoft excel skills
- Analytic background with the ability to provide information to senior members
- Strong Communicator
Contact: Leon McHugh
44 (0)28 90995218
If you would be interested in this position please apply, for other jobs in Belfast please visit the Abacus Professional Recruitment website.With 100 years' experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI's most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Experience: 0 yrs