Junior Finance Assistant
Who are Abacus Careers working with?
Fantastic opportunity for an Junior Finance Assistant to join a top firm in the heart of Belfast City Centre
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analysis of monthly credit card expenses
- Applying VAT rules for non-UK billing
- Assisting legal and support staff with billing queries
- Inputting client bills to computer system
- Inputting purchase ledger invoices
- Keying/co-authorising electronic payments
- Liaising with Branch banking teams and professional staff
- Maintaining accurate client transaction information
- Maintaining current and accurate bank account records
- Preparation of Nominal analysis
- Preparing supplier payments
- Providing ad hoc technical support for Accounts Assistant
- Providing cover & support for other members of the team as required
- Reconciliation of nominal ledger accounts
- Reconciling bank accounts (daily)
- Reconciling supplier's ledger accounts to statements
- Running month end procedures
What are we looking for?
* GCSE Math and English or equivalent
* Proficient with computers and software to include Outlook, Word and Excel, strong typing skills
* Excellent organisational and time management abilities
* Ability to work accurately and to deadlines
* Excellent written and spoken communication
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Work independently but also as part of a team
* Experience in billing
* Ability to juggle multiple tasks, learn quickly and display initiative
* Consistent attention to detail
* Willingness to provide practical support
44 (0)28 90995218
If you would be interested in this position please apply, for other jobs in Belfast please visit the Abacus Professional Recruitment website.
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years' experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI's most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI's only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.
Experience: 0 yrs