Pricing Analyst - Belfast City Centre Location
Abacus Careers are delighted to be recruiting on behalf of a leading Insurance company in Belfast. A great opportunity for a recent or upcoming graduate with a degree in Actuarial/ Mathematics or Statistics.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is experience/ exam dependant alongside an attractive package including:
- Competitive holiday entitlement of 31 days.
- Pension contribution
- Financial assistance towards professional exams and subscription to professional institutes.
About the role:
Essentially you will develop and progress your actuarial qualification alongside providing actuarial services in line with client arrangements.
- Assist in the production of new product pricing models ensuring they are robust and well documented.
- Make sure continuous data is validated and improvements to data quality are recommended.
- Develop solutions to new and existing models
- Assist with on-going monitoring of pricing models and get involved with different projects as and when required.
- Ensure service levels agreed with clients are met and build upon/ maintain effective relationships with key clients.
- Maintaining Financial Conduct Authority compliance at all times.
Moreover, you will assist with developing a culture of high standards, excellent quality and be highly numerate and analytical with a proven ability to interpret complex information. With meticulous attention to detail you will make logical decisions, you will also be able to work unsupervised and as such you will effectively prioritise your workload to achieve and maintain high standards through your drive and determination.
- You'll come from a Mathematics or Statistics or Actuarial background at degree level and have or expect to have at least a 2:1 or equivalent.
- Experience of data manipulations
- Strong IT skills with experience of Excel and preferably SQL.
It is also expected that you have relevant understandings of the main areas of actuarial insurance work and the software used.
Please contact Mairead Shannon at Abacus Careers on (028) 90 313157 for a further chat or email your CV to Mairead@abacus.careers
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Experience: 0 yrs