Who are we working with?
Abacus Careers are currently working with a successful and ever growing Utilities company based in Belfast, seeking to add a Finance Analyst to their team this company is a fresh thinking, forward thinking and very well established in their industry.
You will have excellent benefits, 25 days holidays and 11 stats, attractive salary with a fantastic bonus included, free car parking and other incentives included
In your new role you will perform the following duties:
- Assist in development of existing reporting and forecasting models in line with the changing business.
- Assist in production of monthly board reports;
- Assist the team with LBE planning processes to align with latest business performance, group strategy and changing market conditions, working closely with area owners to help ensure forecasts are accurate and realistic;
- Assist with completion of quarterly analysis for Group finance and ad hoc analysis on request;
- Complete reporting on key KPIs, to assist the team with their decision making;
- Completion of balance sheet reconciliations;
- Play a central role in internal, external and compliance audits;
- Provide support in all areas of governance including completion of regulatory returns to ensure compliance with licence and tax obligations;
- Provide support to the gross margin team at month end, including qlik reporting, model roll forward and maintenance, analysis of prior month performance, variance analysis, journal postings, mark to market and FX positions;
- Provide support to the team during the Business Planning process for retail and renewables businesses, to include data analysis, accuracy checks and variance analysis;
- Providing robust and insightful financial analysis to the team to assist with commercial decision making;
- Reconciliation and consolidation of large datasets to ensure accuracy
Core skills needed:
- 2 years previous experience of working in a busy finance department.
- IATI qualification/PQ Accountant desirable
- Experience in manipulating, analysing and reporting on large volumes of data.
- Previous experience in MS office applications including Word and Excel.
- Advance experience in Excel - Pivot Tables, vpLookup, Formulas
Contact: Leon McHugh
44 (0)28 90995218
If you would be interested in this position please apply, for other jobs in Belfast please visit the Abacus Professional Recruitment website.With 100 years' experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI's most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI's only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.
Experience: 0 yrs