Who Abacus Group working with?
Fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Accountant/Accounting Technician to start a new career within consumer goods industry who have fantastic career progression opportunities for the right candidate..
£25,000-£30,000 depending on experience
Monday to Friday
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of promotional spend;
- Assist in the preparation and reporting of monthly management accounts;
- Lead in the preparation and reporting of production and/or general overhead expenditure against budget variances including applicable explanatory commentary and presentation to FCs & budget holders;
- Liaise with the other division finance teams as appropriate;
- Report on sales and profitability with supporting analysis;
- Support management in a variety of information requirements;
- Support the Accountant and FC on annual budget preparation and statutory audit, including dealing with queries/preparing reports;
- Preparing and reviewing monthly management accounts
- Preparing and reviewing quarterly stock results
- Preparing and reviewing weekly reports
- Supporting the production of budgets and forecasts
- Working with all departments and the management team to contribute to financial decisions
What are we looking for?
- Degree qualified to at least 2:2 Honours level in finance, business, accounting, or other analytical degree and have commenced their qualifications for ACCA (Skills Level) or CIMA (Operational Level) and with at least one year's finance experience in a relevant finance environment; or
- At least 5 years finance experience working in a relevant finance environment.
- Relevant experience
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the business
- Ability to demonstrate experience in working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads to agreed deadlines
- Part - Qualified Accountant or IATI qualified with membership of a professional body e.g. ACA / ACCA / CIMA or Qualified by Experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, especially with model building and formulae workings
£Attractive depending on experience
44 (0)28 90995218
If you would be interested in this position please apply, for other jobs in Belfast please visit the Abacus Professional Recruitment website.
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years' experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI's most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI's only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.
Experience: 0 yrs