Accounting Technician (In-house)
Location: Belfast Job Type: Permanent Hours: 28-30hrs (flexible working)
Salary: £22-25,000 pro rata Date Posted: 09/04/2019 Closing date: 19/04/2019
Here at the Abacus Talent Group (Abacus) the goal is simple, to help promote the brands of employers that wish to recruit staff; and match these job opportunities with career-driven candidates.
At Abacus, we believe that every member of the team must take individual responsibility to positively contribute to the achievement of company goals. As an organisation and individuals, we will only achieve our goals if we:
- Display professionalism, integrity and honesty to each other, our customers, suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Start each day with a positive demeanour and a 'can do' attitude.
- Celebrate small and big wins and inspire each other.
- Work smart and apply high levels of operational performance.
- Continue to learn formally and informally and share our knowledge with colleagues.
- General ledger records - accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Maintaining bookkeeping records including provisions for accruals, prepayments and associate journal entries
- Performance of credit control procedures
- Administration aspects of the payroll function including, payments, PAYE, pension submissions and salary journals
- Cash management and bank management including lodgments, reconciliations, analysis and processing of credit cards, staff expenses and petty cash management
- Managing Forex transactions
- Preparation of VAT returns and EC Sales Lists
- Completion of government surveys and statutory reporting
- Assistance in the preparation of detailed budgets, forecasts and associated analysis
- Assistance with the preparation of internal management reports
- Any other ad hoc duties to support the management team
- Qualified Accounting Technician (ATT or IATI)
- Part-Qualified or finalist stages of CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- Recognised Sage payroll certification QCF Level 4 or above
- MS Excel certification QCF Level 3 or above
- 3 years or more recent experience in:
- Purchase ledger and sales ledger operations
- Payroll management
- Supporting the drafting of management accounts, budgets and forecasts
- Competent user of Sage line 50 Accounting software
- Competent user of Sage Payroll software
- MS Excel modelling skills to include linking variables, presenting data and use of link up tables.
- Strong ability to analyse and interpret data
- Attention to detail
- Financial orientation
- Flexibility and commitment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI's only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.
Experience: 0 yrs