a local educator based in Bangor, Co.Down. There is no requirement for a PGCE or previous teaching, but it is paramount that you have assisted junior technologists in a corporate environment.
Your background will have at least 5 years commercial experience in coding Java, C# or Python OR Infrastructure including CCNA. This is a highly unique position, suited for someone who is now ready to give back to the future generation of technologists and teach them industry needed skills.
This is a hybrid position, where you will be responsible for 3 core areas:
- A minimum of 10 hours teaching per month
- Assisting with a new curriculum design, updating the teaching to more modern technology
- Meeting with business in Northern Ireland and discussing the colleges curriculum and how I.T apprentices can be an asset
This is a real career opportunity and only suitable for those who have a passion for education and a long-term vision for their career. You can expect a benefits package that out ways the private sector:
- Up to 61 days annual leave
- £33,129 per annum base salary
- Pension 25.1%
- Continued yearly salary increase
- Education programme to complete PGCE and/or further certs.
- You must hold a University Degree OR a Level 5 HND
The ideal start date will be the September 2019 applicants will have to complete an enhanced Access NI if offered the position. Interviews will happen quickly.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI's only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.
Experience: 0 yrs