Residential Care Workers required x6
On behalf of a Public Sector Organisation based in Bangor Premiere People have been asked to fill x6 Residential Care Worker Vacancies (unqualified).
The Residential Care Worker will work as a member of a residential care team providing effective care and supervision of young people in a centre. Applicants must be able to part take in a rostered shift system which includes evening , weekends and working public holidays.
Shift Pattern: 7.30-14.45 or 14.00-22.15 (37.5 hours per week)
Duration: 4 months ( maybe extended to meet business needs)
Start date : Immediately if selected by client
Rate: £10.98 per hour (pre awr) £12.28 per hour (post awr)
Main Duties and responsibilities :
- Residential Care Workers are members of a multi disciplinary team and as such are expected to maintain a team approach to the care and treatment of young people. The worker will be expected to bring qualities and attributes which contribute to the overall effectiveness of the team.
- Residential Care Workers will contribute to the provision of good quality physical, social and emotional care for all young people. This will include participating in practical and domestic tasks within the unit and to contribute to the health, hygiene, safety and security of the Centre.
- Residential Care Workers will participate in the effective day to day operational running of the unit and the Centre.
- Residential Care Workers will be expected to be active in their supervising duties and in carrying out specific instructions as directed regarding the supervision and monitoring of young people to ensure their safety. They must ensure the delivery of mandatory and enhanced observations of young people in line with operational policy and procedures.
- To complete all relevant records / reports required with in organisations policies and procedures eg daily logs , case files, update reports etc
- Attend and participate in planning meetings and case reviews, discharge meetings , handover meetings and team meetings etc
- To undertake any other duties as requested
- GCSE Maths & English Grade C or above or NVQ in a related subject
- Significant experience of working with young people within a residential child care setting
- Registered with the Northern Ireland Social Care Council
Please contact Kelly Eccles on 02890720104 for more information or to request an application form.
Experience: 0 yrs