Hays Engineering are delighted to be working in partnership with our client company, manufacturers in the field of automotive engineering, in their search for a mechanical design engineer. This locally based operation is driven to provide new innovation, and exports globally. Following a sustained tenure of profitability, they seek to expand the Mechanical design team, and one - two a positions have become available for design engineers in their Antrim plant
Reporting to the Design team manager, the design engineer will:
Be responsible for own portfolio of clients, from design of sub assembly to final product
Support of existing product ranges through re-design, and covering design issues in warranty stages.
Reviewing customer requirements, and presenting on designs to external customers
producing CAD prototypes, providing comprehensive analysis for design feasibility
liaise with other departments to get the best quality finished product
Carryout support activities of new products & modifications to existing product design
Support the continual development of the Mechanical Team including continuous improvement, process development and training
- Honours degree in Mechanical Engineering (Minimum 2:1) or equivalent.
- Experience in 3D CAD packages & 2D drawing preparation.
- A valid driver's licence is required.
- Ideally have 2 to 3 years work experience in a similar environment, however Graduate applications will be considered for this role.
- Knowledge of Catia, Unigraphics and/or Solid Works CAD Modelling Packages.
- Experience of plastics and/or rubber moulding
- Experience of high volume manufacturing processes.
This is an opportunity to avail of permanent placement with possibility for career development in a local and burgeoning organisation. It's a chance to experience a fast moving high volume-manufacturing environment with a team of specialist engineers, focused on a variety of work in a specialist area. In return, you will be offered a competitive salary, and development plan.
To hear more, please call Catherine on 02890446900 or send your cv
Experience: 0 yrs