Our client is one of Europe's leading financial Institutions and on their behalf we are looking for a Project Manager to facilitate and manage projects for the Business and IT group.
You will design, implement and manage projects with the objective of optimising processes, procedures and systems and ensuring initiatives are aligned with Group strategy and values.
Your role will be to lead and co-ordinate the resources required to implement change initiatives for our client. This involves the professional use of project management disciplines, ensuring the initiatives are aligned to their strategy and values and the achievement of agreed costs and benefits. Project outcomes will affect a key part of the financial institution and will involve the management of resources.
What you will be doing?
- Project Management - managing the execution and implementation of project solutions, and overview of requirements, solution, resource and schedule to ensure successful delivery of change.
- Involvement in project approvals to ensure rigorous evaluation of Change Requests and Project Proposals.
- Definition Management - ensuring alignment of all project solutions within the project portfolio to the operational vision and ensuring the solutions are achieved through regular review of the project portfolio.
- Acquisition and management of resources to ensure that sufficient skilled resource is available to deliver the portfolio of projects.
- Risk & Issue Management - risk & issue analysis, assessment and resolution of all projects within the project portfolio.
- Budget Management - financial planning and re-planning to ensure accurate capture of projected project costs and benefits.
- Quality Management - implementing, measuring and maintaining quality processes and standards.
- Ensure full compliance with all Group standards, policies, processes and procedures and with all external legal, regulatory and voluntary code obligations, thus enabling the customer to be provided with a high quality, professional and compliant service.
- Ensure representation at relevant Group System Working Group meetings and that at these meetings, local governance procedures are applied within the Group governance model.
- Communication to external stakeholders (including review committees) to ensure clear understanding of dependencies, deliverables and issues.
- Undertake ad hoc tasks as requested by the Senior Project Manager.
You ideally will have:
- At least two years' experience as a project manager in a financial institution
- Proven experience of successfully managing and delivering project, including writing business cases and undertaking risk assessments.
- Experience of negotiating and influencing others at all levels
- Experience in change management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class financial organisation on a long term contract (12+ months). To apply please send you CV to Ian Weatherup via the link and I will be in contact with you shortly.
Experience: 0 yrs