Business Development Manager - Belfast city centre
An exciting new opportunity has become available with a reputable company - a leading provider of global and domestic media monitoring and evaluation to companies around the world. Their services include media content analysis and evaluation, stakeholder studies, reputation risk analysis, brand profiling, corporate communications effectiveness and competitor benchmarking.
Due to the continued expansion of the company they are looking to recruit an ambitious, enthusiastic and driven sales person to develop future business. The role will be based out of their Belfast office but some travel will be required to Dublin (one day a week).
The Purpose of the Role: To meet and exceed B2B sales targets on behalf of the company and to represent the company in dealings with current clients and at events.
- Reporting to the Commercial Director the Business Development Manager will be responsible for achieving new business sales targets across multiple revenue lines in designated territories across the Island of Ireland.
- Establishing, developing and managing the sales process from prospecting / lead generation to the signing of client agreements & eventual closure of revenue for all products.
- Build, maintain and manage a high quality pipeline of opportunities at all times using CRM tools provided.
- Generating new client opportunities for the business against each revenue line ensuring we reach projected targets.
- Preparing sales presentations, tenders, and contracts and developing long-term client relationships.
- Assessing clients’ needs and identifying new business & product opportunities through the assessment of their requirements.
- Development and execution of marketing led sales strategies that support the achievement of sales targets.
- Negotiating client pricing and discount structures in line with company pricing structure.
- Keep abreast of industry trends & new product and competitor developments.
- Liaise with the Client Services Team in ensuring the effective handover of new clients in a professional and timely manner.
- Liaise with Insights Team in order to fully capitalize on new business Media Insight opportunities.
- Completing weekly Sales reports and monthly Finance reports on time.
- Participation in weekly sales meetings as part of the new business team.
- Level of demonstrable previous success in a Business Development role, involving solution sales to corporate customers.
- 4 years proven track record in a business to business sales & marketing environment, ideally in media, consulting or software.
- A love for interacting with people and the ability to build relationships quickly.
- Hunger, driven to achieve and surpass sales revenue targets.
- Experience of adopting a consultative sales approach with regards understanding the client’s needs first and then fitting a solution that meets their requirements.
- An outstanding ability to clearly communicate our brand offering.
- Interested in all Media, Public Relations, Marketing and Current Affairs and in particular Social Media a prerequisite.
- Uses a sales methodology, qualifies, is organised, process focused
- A degree or diploma in Business, Marketing or Communications would be preferable
- Time efficient.
- Self-starter, ability to work on one's own initiative.
- Comfortable with CEO level calling.
- Comfortable with cold-calling.
- Energy, hunger, persistence, tenacious and passionate about their work.
- Positive, optimistic, ambitious.
- Effective relationship builder, excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Experience of CRM tools would be beneficial – Salesforce.
- Good communicator; with internal stakeholders and externally with potential clients.
Please call Andrea on: 02830253465 for more information or click on apply to be considered for this position
Experience: 4-5 yrs