Diamond Recruitment Group is currently seeking a Sport Editor for our client to work in Co.Derry / Londonderry Northern Ireland.
This is a permanent job and our client is a leading press publication, as the Sports Editor you will ensure the 2 papers delivers excellent quality sports coverage in the target area. You will write high quality sports articles, generate ideas for stories on a daily basis and work positively as part of the team.
- Provide a comprehensive sports service for 2 leading papers within available budgets.
- Co-ordinate and plan the sports department operation allocating available resources to writing, editing and design.
- Ensure that deadlines are achieved and that copy and page designs are produced to the highest standards.
- Maintain and develop a good working relationship with a wide range of sporting bodies.
- Liaise with the News Editor/News desk to ensure that major sporting events are properly reflected on the news pages and that news angles on sports stories are also highlighted.
- Keep the MD/Commercial Manager briefed on significant sports stories and maximise the potential sale of the paper, by promoting our coverage.
- Write to a high standard on a wide range of sports.
- Generate original ideas on a daily basis.
- Provide copy which conforms to the house style, as demonstrated by well-presented articles which are free of errors.
- Produce articles which are free from libel and are legally safe.
Further details can be obtained on receipt of our CV.
- Recognised journalism qualification at sub-degree, degree, or post-graduate level.
- 1 year full time or two years part time newspaper/broadcasting experience.
- Sportsreporting experience in weekly newspapers or broadcasting.
Job Related Skills
- Evidence of excellent;
- Writing skills, wide ranging sports knowledge and digital skills.
- Excellent grammar and spelling.
- Excellent legal knowledge as it applies to journalism
- Strong track record in story generation and great news judgement.
- You will have the ability to use initiative and generate ideas, while having strong planning skills.
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable form
- Evidence of ability to work in an environment where deadlines and quality are paramount
- Ability to ensure that staff are giving of their best.
- Ability to deliver on deadlines and on quality.
Salary & Benefits
£20000 - £22000
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Jason Corr at Diamond Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
For further information on this opportunity please contact Jason Corr at Diamond Recruitment on 02890 558 001, however you must send your CV first to allow me to assess your suitability.
YOUR DETAILS WILL BE TREATED IN A CONFIDENTIAL MANNER WITH DIAMOND RECRUITMENT GROUP.
ONLY APPLICANTS MEETING THE CRITERIA WILL BE CONTACTED.
Experience: 0-1 yrs