Working as part of the External Affairs function, the successful candidate will be working with the client facing, contractual preparation area within my clients business. Responsible for the preparation and management of client contracts within the utilities market.
The primary purpose of the role is to prepare and issue connection offers & contracts for new and existing customers. The successful candidate will be the point of contact for customers and will also work closely with internal technical, financial and legal teams involved in the preparation of connection contracts. This role will be client facing, very much owning the client relationship during this process. Also working as an internal point of contact, gathering inputs from varied internal teams in order to generate specific client contracts.
The successful candidate will support and contribute in the following main areas:
- Production and issuing of client contracts (“offers”)
- Identification and drafting of any non-standard clauses specific to the unique elements of each contract and negotiating agreement on these new clauses.
- Interpretation and implementation of internal client charging methodology
- Confidential liaison with customers and other stakeholders as required throughout the offer process.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
It is essential that the candidate is competent, highly professional and detail orientated. In addition, they will be a self-starter requiring little supervision, will produce very high quality work, be a strong team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills, and have strong analytical skills.
- Third level qualification to degree level, with experience in a contractual environment.
- Strong customer and commercial awareness.
- Experience in dealing with customers/third parties on a contractual basis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills along with the ability to work collaboratively across business areas.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a strong focus on attention to detail
- Proven analysis and problem solving capability with a solution-driven approach
- Previous experience of working in a regulated/utilities environment.
- Contract management experience
- Project Management experience
- Strong IT skills an advantage including experience with Microsoft Office.
- Experience of working with business customers
Experience: 0 yrs