The Role: The jobholder reports to the Factory Manager. They shall ensure that the documented Food Safety & Quality System is implemented and that the requirements of the customers are met in terms of safety, legality and quality.
- Compliance with company procedures to ensure the day to day running of the documented Food Safety & Quality Management System.
- Maintenance of the Food Safety and Quality to all required standards e.g. BRC/ customers.
- Monitoring, analyzing and evaluation of microbiological standards within the production environment to ensure the production of safe finished products.
- Ensure hygiene standards inside and outside the factory are maintained to the highest levels.
- Ensure effective handling of customer complaints and non- conformances.
- Development & updating of customer specifications and ensuring testing regimes are met.
- Evaluating and updating HACCP as a working document.
- Managing the internal audit programme and leading external/ customer audits.
- Provide customers with technical/ KPI information when requested.
- Monitoring and evaluating shelf life of products at start and end of life to ensure life is correct for every product.
- Control of all NPD ensuring all activities produce safe and legal products within a specified brief and budget.
- Liaise closely with senior management and provide regular updates on technical and quality issues.
- A degree in food science or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of 2 years experience gained in a similar position
- Good understanding and knowledge of BRC & industry standards
- Intermediate/ Level 3 HACCP
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT skills
Please send your CV through the link or call Lyn on 02890 725619
Experience: 0 yrs