MCS Group is recruiting for an Instrument Technician for a temporary opportunity which is available with a leading power provider.
As the Instrument technician you will:
- Carry out maintenance, overhauls and defect investigation and repairs on all items of plant and equipment and report on plant condition.
- Carrying out plant modifications, installation of new or replacement equipment.
- Carry out calibrations, adjustments and settings using test equipment.
- Manage the maintenance and repair of the C&I test equipment.
- Carry out adjustments to instrumentation and controls on running plant.
- Carry out work on live medium and low voltage apparatus, conductors or equipment as required in accordance with appropriate safety rules.
- Installation, maintenance and repair of the environmental monitoring equipment.
- Specify, source, procure and manage replacement plant and stock.
You will have:
- C & G Part 3 or equivalent with a Completed a recognised relevant apprenticeship.
- Post apprenticeship experience in instrument maintenance preferably in an industrial environment.
- Flexible to meet the needs of a continuous production business, including being available on mobile phone to provide advice and assistance.
- Sound understanding of relevant HSE legislation.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- B.TEC Higher Certificate/HNC in relevant engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Further relevant training and experience in Control & Instrument maintenance, preferably in an industrial environment.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Kirsty Dillon, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs