In partnership with our client, a medium sized manufacturer based in Lisburn area, Hays engineering have been retained to recruit a Project engineer to work in in the development department to support their existing design for manufacture operation. Their facilities include a world -class machining centre, and precision moulding capability to ensure a bespoke service to the automotive clients they service globally.
The position has arisen due to the need for additional headcount within their design and development department The design engineer will be responsible for:
· Development of customer specifications, integration of new products to production,and taking autonomy for company engineering procedures.
· implementation of cost-effective modifications,improvements on product safety, reliability and durability
· developing product specification through liaison with other manufacturing departments
· testing and evaluation of new designs;
· Monitoring and assisting other departments with new product integration
· Management of issue resolution with suppliers and customers, including bill of materials
· Ensuring the manufacture-ability of designs in line with budgetary restriction
· managing projects using lean techniques
· designing new production processes
· producing specifications and outline designs
· Management of necessary design modifications
You will be part of a small team in which you are required to work autonomously and get up to speed with processes rapidly. We are looking for an experienced project engineer who feels comfortable working in a small team and through a wide variety of products.
The successful person will have
A degree level qualification or equivalent in mechanical engineering
18 month- 5 years experience in a similar working environment.
The ability to show how you can work in a customer facing environment
This is an unusual opportunity for someone who likes to be at the forefront of new innovation, and a real opportunity to practice creativity and technical ability
In return, you will be offered an excellent remuneration package and the opportunity to become a cornerstone of the business.
To hear more, please call Catherine on 02890446900 or send your cv
Experience: 0 yrs