SUPPORTED HOUSING BELFAST (FIXED TERM POST)
WHY WORK FOR US?
“At MACS young people are at the heart of what we do. We encourage an interdependent way of living. We see the value in making mistakes. We actively encourage personal and professional development so that our young people and staff can reach their fullest potential”.
Interdependence: MACS recognize that as social creatures, we cannot exist totally independently from others.
Personal Growth and Development: We invest in our staff and young people, challenge their thinking and encourage training to increase skills and knowledge.
Risk Taking and Making Mistakes: Our ethos and belief is that it is OK to make mistakes and by examining what went wrong, we can improve and use the learning.
Self Determination and Autonomy: MACS employ experienced and skilled staff that we trust to make appropriate decisions to work effectively and safely with our young people.
Judging Others: MACS recognizes that judgements are natural, however we ensure that ours are examined and explored in a way that results in a positive outcome for all.
Communication: We have a friendly, relaxed, engaging and warm attitude that fosters positive communication between young people and the organization as a whole.
Trust and Integrity: We earn trust from young people and other professionals by consistently delivering top quality services, underpinned by a core value of trust and integrity.
Involving yourself: MACS welcomes input from all staff and young people and encourages participation in having your say and embracing new opportunities.
How we do things around here
· No dress code
· You must take a lunch break
· We all eat together when we can
· There is no deference towards managers, we are all equally important in carrying out the work
· We get to know each other
· There are no set times for breaks, as long as you get the work done
· Come up with ideas and we will try to see if they can be implemented
· Make your space your own
· Have a laugh
Attractive Terms and Conditions!
At MACS we value staff work life balance. We offer many Flexible Working Options, Family Friendly Work Arrangements, 30 day + stats leave entitlement, competitive Maternity Leave and Sick Pay Package.
We offer competitive salaries and higher than average pension contributions.
These are just some of the many benefits of working with MACS!
We are Employers for Childcare Family Friendly winners 2015 and we have attained Investors in People Health and Wellbeing Award!
Overall objective of the HOUSING WORKER role:
The Supported Housing Service (Move in to Move On) provides accommodation and Housing related support to young people leaving care to make the transition to interdependent living and their own tenancy. The Service delivers high quality support to young people aged 16-21. Staff practice to a case work model which emphasises ongoing assessment, support planning and working with keeping safe. This work is complemented by a range of group work supports and interventions. 18 young people are accommodated in single unit self-contained flats.
PERSON SPECIFICATION – ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY POST HOLDER:
· 2 years experience of working with young people aged 16-25 in a supported housing or similar environment
· Degree in Social Work, youth and community Work or similar
· 1 years experience of working with young people aged 16-25 in a supported housing or similar environment
· Experience of successfully liaising with a variety of agencies
· Understanding of young people who have been homeless, have left care or have high support needs
· Ability to offer support to young people to make transition into adulthood and independent living
· To work on own initiative
· To make your own decisions and work under pressure
· To be resilient and compassionate in a challenging environment
· To work within the ethos, culture and values of MACS
· A full current driving licence and access to a car is required so as to be able to meet the requirements of the post in full
Salary: £21,388per annum and pension at 4% of salary
Special Conditions: Fixed Term Maternity cover for up to 1 year
Hours of Work: This is a residential service. 35 hours per week (shift work). Shifts include waking nights, evenings, weekends and bank holidays. Shift patterns may be subject to change. Provision of On Call support is also required.
Closing Date: Monday 29th February 2016 at 9.30am
To obtain an Application Pack please: