The Business Analyst is responsible for ensuring that their team has a good understanding of business needs, and helps to facilitate the analysis and design of cost-effective solutions. The BA will be responsible to articulating problems and solutions in ways understood by all stakeholders - business and technical.
The successful candidate will:
- Participate in, and support the facilitation of workshops and discussions to effectively understand business problems and achieve a joint understanding of needs.
- Establish effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders to gain an understanding of business needs and to support the delivery of business value.
- Analyse data to recommend service improvements and make informed decisions.
- Work collaboratively in the creation of both feature and technical stories.
- Identify any Risks, Issues, Assumptions and Dependencies
- Work as part of a scrum team and support the team in delivery
- Encourage agile behaviours and promote the concept of a minimum viable product
- Experience in a relevant commercial or technical environment.
- Relevant work experience in a consulting firm or other client-facing role.
- Experience of delivering as part of an agile team.
- Good communicator, sensitive to the needs of each stakeholder yet comfortable to challenge where appropriate
- Competent user story creation and mapping skills, articulating the business and technical needs in a format that is easily consumable by the scrum team
- Ability to analyse and understand business processes, identifying areas for improvement
- Strong facilitator of team discussions to achieve focused outcomes.
- Competent at translating business requirements into cost-effective functional requirements
- Good commercial awareness, always delivering within project constraints
- Good understanding of Agile and Waterfall Project Management delivery methodologies
- Able to work flexibly and to tight deadlines
- Experience of software development or related problem-solving discipline
- Experience of working on client site, delivering high quality digital products.
- Stakeholder management experience
- Experience mentoring customer Business Analysts on good story writing techniques
- Agile and waterfall project experience across a range of methodologies (across a range of methodologies and frameworks (e.g. waterfall, scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Active participant in communities of interest (e.g. online groups, speaking at conferences etc.)
Kainos is a professional services organisation with clients spread across the globe and we deliver projects both from client site, and from our offices. While we will attempt to base you on projects near or at your contracted office location, you need to be willing to travel to client sites and spend time away during the week if it is required.
Given the range and nature of work that we carry out for our clients, all Kainos employees are required to possesses up to date security clearance (Basic Disclosure, Access NI etc), if you do not already possess this, you will be asked to apply for it prior to joining Kainos.
Experience: 0 yrs