An exciting opportunity has a risen to join our Tax department as a Corporate Tax Assistant Manager. As an Assistant Manager, the successful individual will seek solutions to technical issues and demonstrate sufficient technical knowledge to supervise relevant work areas and should know when to seek advice from the senior manager.
The role will see the individual involved in both corporate tax advisory and compliance aspects. You will be responsible for managing client portfolios whilst working alongside other team members on larger assignments.
- Produces high quality accurate tax advice, delivering to expectations, responding quickly to client demands and meeting deadlines;
- Actively involved in client meetings, concisely and confidently answering client queries;
- Reviewing tax returns in conjunction with agreed timescales to ensure the efficient and risk managed delivery of compliance;
- Ensuring compliance with internal procedures including the completion of client take-on and keep partners and managers informed of progress on each job;
- Demonstrating sufficient technical knowledge to supervise relevant area of work;
- Seeking solutions to technical issues and demonstrating a willingness to understand and recognise the breadth of possible technical issues;
- Assisting colleagues through sharing knowledge; and
- Participating in business development opportunity and working with partners and managers to promote the firm's tax expertise and other services to clients and target clients both internally and externally.
Skills and attributes:
- ATT/ACA/ACCA or CTA qualified;
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working in a corporate tax department of a larger firm;
- Strong technical tax knowledge;
- Post qualification experience of working in a corporate tax team of a large practice;
- Worked with a diverse portfolio of clients;
- Capable of working on your own initiative;
- Related specialism experience; and
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential.
To apply for this role please send an up to date CV via the link provided. Alternatively, please feel free to contact Natasha Barr on 028 90915924 or 07785511013 for further information.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.