MCS Group is delighted to be partnering with one of Northern Ireland's leading organisations in the appointment of a Senior Internal Audit Manager, based in Belfast.
We are looking for suitably experienced professionals who have the gravitas to perform in a senior position and take the lead at times in the absence of the Head of Internal Audit.
As a Senior Manager you will be responsible for management and delivery of an audit service for a significant area within the organisation. This will include planning and delivering audits, monitoring the implementation of recommendations, ensuring effective management and control of regulatory risks in line with the group and professional body standards.
Principal Duties Include
- Supporting the Head of Audit in the management and delivery of an audit service within this financial services organisation with a specific focus on Prudential Risk; capital, liquidity, interest rate risk, regulatory reporting processes).
- Meet with the regulation authority with the Head of Internal Audit to discuss performance and outcomes.
- Plan, organise, lead and oversee a programme of audits.
- Personally conduct complex assignments when required due to specialist skills or knowledge.
- Manage, motivate, train and develop, when necessary, the wider team of auditors in the firm to ensure a high quality standard and level of professionalism at all times with a commercially focused service.
- Overview and sign off final reports ensuring all issues identified/addressed, all in accordance with group and professional standards.
- Support the Head of Audit in the development of the audit strategy and operational plans.
- Monitor actions from audits completed ensuring issues are implemented as agreed.
- Contribute to the development of a high performance team through own personal development of expertise sharing best practice and knowledge.
- Ensure clients are provided with a compliant service in line with all legal, regulatory and voluntary code obligations and all of the company standards, policies and procedures.
- Ensure all activities are in line with core values and delivery of planned audits in accordance with agreed timescales and budget.
- Relevant Post Graduate Qualification in Accounting or Finance, Auditing, Financial Services or Regulatory Compliance (ACA, ACCA, IIA, CIMA, MBA, ICT).
- A minimum of 7 years' experience working within an Audit environment or independent regulatory risk monitoring function (this can include the delivery of related audit / internal audit / risk services within an outsourced model).
- Detailed working knowledge of Prudential Risk such as liquidity, capital, Interest Risk in the Banking Book (IRRBB), regulatory reporting - gained through working in a financial services organisations regulatory risk, audit or finance setting OR through a consultancy project with a leading professional services organisation.
- Experience in conducting and leading independent assignments within a business context such as compliance or internal audit.
- Experience of identifying, assessing and evaluating regulatory compliance risks in an financial services organisation.
- Experience writing business reports for senior stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain complex information and respond to questioning in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience of interaction with UK FCA and / or PRA.
- Experience of successfully leading teams within an audit or risk setting.
This position will suit someone who meets the above outlined criteria and can also demonstrate excellent organisation and planning skills with the ability to prioritise, define objectives, extract the individual skills of the team and use effectively. Someone who is focused on achieving and exceeding targets, sound decision making who is flexible and adaptable to change with a focus on the client and ones' own self development. You will build and maintain effective relations and have the ability to negotiate and influence, motivate others and contribute to the development of the team.
In return the client are offering a salary to attract the best talent in the market with an excellent benefits package.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Nadine Savage, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs