MCS Group is delighted to be helping an expanding, well-established company in their search for a Quantity Surveyor.
As Quantity Surveyor you will assist in the tender preparations, appoint Subcontractors and Labour Only Subcontractors, prepare valuations and complete cost investigations. You will need to measure and agree subcontract accounts and be able to identify added value opportunities within measurement and contract conditions. You will monitor the monthly cash flow in comparison to budgeted cash flow and provide advice to management on contractual matters. You will need to show flexibility and attend site meetings, bringing along updated financial reports. You will prepare subcontractor payments accurately in accordance with CIS requirements and VAT procedures and also provide the accounts department with monthly cost/value reconciliation reports in line with specified time scales.
What you Need:
- Surveying experience within the building/construction industry
- Possess a Third Level Qualification in Surveying or Equivalent
- Experience in managing and closing out Supply Chain accounts within budget
- Knowledge / experience of estimating software packages
- Have an extensive knowledge of construction practices that can be used on site to analyse the design and propose potential cost saving measures
- Keep up to date with pricing matrices and inflationary impacts
- Decision Making, Organisational & Problem Solving Skills
This position offers a competitive salary along side a large range of employee benefits.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Jeannine Rutledge, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs